Friday, February 26, 2010

Call for t-shirt designs

Julian Jonker has just let me know that a prominent t-shirt designer/manufacturer has expressed interest in a t-shirt relating to last week's Chumani Maxwele alleged zapping of President Zuma. They are looking for designs along the lines of having a zap sign in the front with the right to freedom of expression reference on the back.

I think this is a great response to the incident since its a very public way of reclaiming freedom of expression without having to go to court.

If you are interested in submitting a design to them send me an email at david(dot)watson(at)uct(dot)ac(dot)za with the design or any questions you may have. I have the creative juices of a placid rock so I won't be submitting anything but I would really like to see a t-shirt like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment